Re: Out of the office (many times)

From: Herb Rodriguez (Herb.Rodriguez@Colorado.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 08:49:20 PDT

the filter.

Thanks,

herb

At 09/06/2003 07:21 AM, you wrote:
>Hello, Herb.
>
>I value your (and everyone else's) contributions to the Shakuhachi e-mail
>list, but I'd appreciate your unsubscribing from it when you set your
>e-mail account to reply automatically to messages when you are not
>monitoring them.
>
>As I am sure you will discover when you return to doing so, many copies of
>your automatic message have recently been sent to the shakuhachi list, and
>since I (and I suppose some others) subscribe to the digest version, I get
>every copy of that message interleaved with the other messages to the list
>for any particular day, making it both difficult and irksome to read
>through (moreso than it already sometimes is, when people send
>HTML-formatted messages to the list ...).
>
>Bruce Jones has made it fairly straightforward to unsubscribe and then
>resubscribe to the list (though I recognize that that sometimes that does
>not work entirely smoothly), and if you are wanting to catch up on the
>messages you did not read when you were away, you can consult the archive.
>
>Many thanks for your consideration in this, and apologies if I have merely
>added here to a chorus of requests to the same effect.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Windsor Viney
>Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

rather than trust the filter.<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
herb<br><br>
At 09/06/2003 07:21 AM, you wrote:<br>
I value your (and everyone else's) contributions to the Shakuhachi e-mail
list, but I'd appreciate your unsubscribing from it when you set your
e-mail account to reply automatically to messages when you are not
monitoring them.<br><br>
As I am sure you will discover when you return to doing so, many copies
of your automatic message have recently been sent to the shakuhachi list,
and since I (and I suppose some others) subscribe to the digest version,
I get every copy of that message interleaved with the other messages to
the list for any particular day, making it both difficult and irksome to
read through (moreso than it already sometimes is, when people send
HTML-formatted messages to the list ...).<br><br>
Bruce Jones has made it fairly straightforward to unsubscribe and then
resubscribe to the list (though I recognize that that sometimes that does
not work entirely smoothly), and if you are wanting to catch up on the
messages you did not read when you were away, you can consult the
archive.<br><br>
Many thanks for your consideration in this, and apologies if I have
merely added here to a chorus of requests to the same effect.<br><br>
Sincerely,<br><br>
Windsor Viney<br>