Vancouver Shakuhachi Festival

From: Sandra and Al Ramos (ramos@telus.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 10:02:15 PDT

Dear Shakuhachi list,

We in Vancouver have been working diligently to organize the Vancouver
Shakuhachi Festival happening this year on November 14, 15, 16. The
website is now up and funtional with all the information you need to
register and learn more about this historical event.

The featured teachers from Japan atttending the Festival this year are:
Kaoru Kakizakai and Kazushi Matama of Katsuya Yokoyama's Kokusai
Shakuhachi Kenshukan; Additionally, the local Vancouver shakuhachi
faculty will include Alcvin Ramos, Bertil Petersson (also from Yokoyama
lineage) as well as Takeo Yamashiro (Kikusui Kofu line) and Dr. Norman
Stanfield, who's thesis "The San Koten Honkyoku of the Kinko-ryu" was
featured in the Annals of the International Shakuhachi Society.
Workshops, lectures, for all levels of shakuahchi player will be
offered. There will also be a student recital on Saturday nigh and a
final concert given by the senseis on the last night of the Festival.

Shakuhachi flutes and goods will also be for sale and display in the
lobby.

This event promises to be an inspirational and moving experience for
shakuhachi, amongst the splendor and beauty of BC's super-natural,
stunning coast and mountain atmosphere.

We hope you can join us here Vancouver this November!

Sincerely,

Vancouver Shakuhachi Festival Staff

 --
Shakuhachi Society of BC