Re: acoustic impedances; what makes a good instrument

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 17:44:53 PDT

-------------------------------1063673093

I've just read all of the "acoustic impedances" postings and found them all
very interesting reading. I've been an engineer since the early 60s' in both
electronic and mechanical fields. In school my main interests were math and
physics. I've often thought what grove the Japanese flute makers and came to the
conclusion that it had nothing to do with science but all to do with feeling.
One of my flutes was made for me by a flute maker that places the finished
flute on his Alter and sits meditation with it, if he responds to it favorably it
passes, if it doesn't, it goes on the fire wood pile.

I play for my tuner on occasion but mostly for my self, some days it good and
some days it not. I'll switch to a different flute and I'll have a completely
different experience. A new flute my not play right for six months and then
one day it happens and it's all joy. No science, just feelings, soul and music.

Kyosei

-------------------------------1063673093

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">I've just read all of the "ac=
oustic impedances" postings and found them all very interesting reading. I'v=
e been an engineer since the early 60s' in both electronic and mechanical fi=
elds. In school my main interests were math and physics. I've often thought=20=
what grove the Japanese flute makers and came to the conclusion that it had=20=
nothing to do with science but all to do with feeling. One of my flutes was=20=
made for me by a flute maker that places the finished flute on his Alter and=
 sits meditation with it, if he responds to it favorably it passes, if it do=
esn't, it goes on the fire wood pile. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">I play for my tuner on occasi=
on but mostly for my self, some days it good and some days it not. I'll swit=
ch to a different flute and I'll have a completely different experience. A n=
ew flute my not play right for six months and then one day it happens and it=
's all joy. No science, just feelings, soul and music.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Kyosei</FONT></DIV></BODY></H=