(no subject)

From: Gene (oldmanriver@alltel.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 03:57:27 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C37C1F.CA330EC0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

FLORIDA SHAKUHACHI PEOPLE?

Hi folks - I'm the newest kid on the block - just signed up. . . .

I've been an extremely serious musician for 69 of my 72 years, and play =
many instruments, including concert piano, classical guitar, sax, =
concertina, ocarina, harmonica, banjo, cello, pan pipes, transverse =
bamboo flutes ("C" and "A") and the Great Highland Bagpipes! But I am =
just now re-discovering the shakuhachi (I knew them well when I was =
stationed in Japan in 1952 - 1954).

I just built a "D" and a "C" PVC shakuhachi, and have ordered a "D" PVC =
from Mejiro in Tokyo - just so I'll have something on which to commence =
familiarizing myself with the five-hole, minor, pentatonic, until I can =
find the real root bamboo shakuhachi of my dreams.

But I'm looking for a shakuhachi teacher or just plain shakuhachi =
fellowship friend somewhere here in north central Florida.

Anybody know anybody?

Thank you!

Dr. Gene Neill
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C37C1F.CA330EC0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>FLORIDA SHAKUHACHI PEOPLE?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hi folks - I'm the newest kid on the block - just signed up. . . =
.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've been an extremely serious musician for 69 of my 72 years, and =
play=20
many instruments, including&nbsp;concert piano, classical guitar, sax,=20
concertina, ocarina, harmonica,&nbsp;banjo, cello, pan pipes, transverse =
bamboo=20
flutes ("C" and "A")&nbsp;and&nbsp;the Great Highland Bagpipes!&nbsp; =
But I am=20
just now re-discovering the shakuhachi (I knew them well when I was =
stationed in=20
Japan in 1952 - 1954).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I just built a "D" and a "C" PVC shakuhachi, and have ordered a "D" =
PVC=20
from Mejiro in Tokyo - just so I'll have something on which to commence=20
familiarizing myself with the five-hole, minor, pentatonic, until I can =
find the=20
real root bamboo shakuhachi of my dreams.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I'm looking for a shakuhachi teacher or just plain shakuhachi=20
fellowship friend somewhere here in north central Florida.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anybody know anybody?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dr. Gene Neill</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C37C1F.CA330EC0--

List subscription information is at: