Re: The Perfect Bore

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 12:43:10 PDT

> Nelson responds:
>
> >This can be easily done at the present. Replicated
> down to a
> >thousandth of an inch, both inside and out. The
> replica would be
> >a little heavier as the material would be
> different. It would also
> >be waterproof and in about any color you want.

I seriously think its the human maker element combined
with the 'no two pieces of bamboo are exactly
identical motif' that make the idea of such,
impossible-. ( Thats speaking from my experiences in
working with bamboo only.)- However, it sounds as if
nelson is not using bamboo as the medium, though. -
That alone, makes room for yet, another debate.

Even the fact that he mentions the flute being heavier
makes me somewhat skeptical. I wonder if hes
speaking in terms of wall thickness or overall wall
volume? Ive noticed these 2 things have play a trival
role in timbre and output. Again, thats speaking from
my experiences and attemps. Take them as you will.:)

To be honest, from my reading of nelson's work, I've
really wanted to play his flutes for a long time now.
So I would love nothing more than to see him duplicate
peters flute.

Cheers,
Isaac

=====