Re: The Perfect Bore

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 13:43:53 PDT

>The flute would be cold molded in silicone rubber, somewhere around 25-30
>durometer. This would depend a little bit on the degree of bore flare after
>the choke point. Then cast with polyurethane--maybe something in the 1500
>series. It should be pressure cast--somewhere around 100 psi.

Do you know where one could get this kind of work done? I don't
care about color, the experiment is simply to see if, in fact, there
is something to bamboo as opposed to other materials, if the bore and
hole placement/size are precisely the same between the two
instruments.

A speculative, if interesting (to some of us) way to lay a certain
dog to rest...

bj

-
List subscription information is at: