Timeout

From: Nelson Zink (zink@newmex.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 22:58:02 PDT

To All,

I don't quite know how this thing got out of control so fast. Marko wrote in
with some ideas about doing an electronic/computer investigation of the
bore. I'm up for that. And before you turn around we're being howled down
for supposedly claiming we can make the perfect bore and recreate any flute
of antiquity and cure cancer--all by Thanksgiving.

Can flutes be replicated through a molding process? Yes, I've done it. It's
a little bit exacting but otherwise simple.

Can flutes be replicated through a computer modeling process? Marko and I
don't know, we think it may be possible but aren't much further along than a
couple days ago when the whole idea was broached by him.

Can satisfactory flutes be computer designed? About the same answer as the
previous.

Lighten up and get a grip. At least wait for the blasphemy before starting
the stake fires. As a warning to others, this list does NOT reward or even
tolerate curiosity.

This list's natural conservatism is understandable. I've taken any math off
list, if you want the rest off list just say so. If you can't stand the
ideas, please say so. If you don't want anything other than traditional
thinking on this list then suck it up and say so!!!

If experimentation is too threatening then for God's sake, say so.

But the constant sniping, insinuation and nasty rhetoric is getting old.
Now I'm being told I can't possibly do things I haven't even considered
trying.

Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of it. The continued hounding is tiring.
Find your backbone and say straight out what's on your mind. I'm asking you
to speak as clearly as some of you think you can play. Whatever is in your
craw, spit it out. Somebody's unhappy about something.

Nelson

List subscription information is at: