Re: Timeout

From: Bill Fletcher (bill@scienceandart.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 08:08:13 PDT

Replicating a great shakuhachi is a loooong way away from a 1/2 a
paragraph description of polyurethane casting.

I didn't see this as a gap between modern science and traditionalists
at all. It was a fun conversation between theorists then a
"show-me-ist" chimed in. Possibilities are fun but eventually
someone's gonna say, "let me play one of those things".

The conversations were "fascinating" until the master theorist screamed
when his feet got near the fire: "Lighten up and get a grip" . . .
"Find your backbone"!

This is a great group of people; the guardians of art, the artists,
the theorists, the carpenters and the "show-me-ists". I caught myself
getting depressed by the screaming of the theorist when his feet got
hot.

8--] Bill 8--]

List subscription information is at: