Enuf is enuf

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 10:05:46 PDT

Okay, this is gone WAY too far. Lots of folks have gotten their
feelings hurt - justifiably in many cases; a lot of too agressive,
deliberately antagonistic stuff has been said, along with a lot of
interesting stuff. I thought about including some examples of
where the reason deteriorates from rhetoric to invective but then
realized that you folks are smart enough to recognize when you're
throwing out ideas and when you're throwing rocks.

I feel like exercising my dictatorial control as list manager and
moderating the list, editing out the provacative stuff and leaving
in the info.

Instead I'm going on vacation, off to Palm Springs (where the
weather is nice this time of year, and the tourist season has yet
to start) for the Palm Springs Short Film Festival.

When I get back, I'd like to see a general return to the sensibility
that *usually* characterizes the discussion on the list.

In short, knock it off.

bj

-