Re: bamboo flutes in Arizona

From: WARYR@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:48:57 PDT

--part1_cc.227b9537.2c9e2549_boundary

Very interesting, Brett. I have a model of a hopi flute that has five holes,
though it is rim blown. The five note pentatonic scale for the native american
flute is the same as the shak, and I have noted other correlations. The
anasazi also had a six hole rim blown flute with approx 2.35 octaves. Very
difficult to play, but worth the effort. I found the measurements on the web and made
a replica.

--part1_cc.227b9537.2c9e2549_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG=3D"0"><B>Very interesting, Brett. I have a=
 model of a hopi flute that has five holes, though it is rim blown. The five=
 note pentatonic scale for the native american flute is the same as the shak=
, and I have noted other correlations. The anasazi also had a six hole rim b=
lown flute with approx 2.35 octaves. Very difficult to play, but worth the e=
ffort. I found the measurements on the web and made a replica. </B></FONT></=
HTML>

--part1_cc.227b9537.2c9e2549_boundary--