Re: The difficulty of communicating

From: Bruno Deschenes (musis@videotron.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:36:16 PDT

Dear Bruce,

I appreciate your latest comments. If I may, with my 1/2 cent worth,=20
regarding communiting on the Internet. Over the years, I have learned=20
that it is very easy to be misinterpreted. Many among us, when writing=20=

an e-mail, are not really careful about the quality of our language=20
(for me as much in French as more so in English, not being my native=20
language). We write fast and, most of the time, we do not read=20
ourselves over to make sure that our thoughts are well formualted. It=20
is starting to be a well-known fact that because of the dehumanizing=20
aspect of the Internet (no face to face contact), we might be inclined=20=

to say things that we would not say in a real situation, or say them in=20=

ways that we would not in a normal situation. No one is there to stop=20
us or censure us from writing what we want. But then, it is easy to be=20=

misinterpreted. The Internet medium is a great one but with drawback of=20=

which we are not careful. I've learned to be more careful when I write=20=

an e-mail than otherwise because of these.

But also, one thing that is hard to do is: agree to disagree...

Have a nice day!

Bruno

Le Vendredi, 26 sept 2003, =E0 11:18 America/Montreal, Bruce Jones a=20
=E9crit :