RE: Lacquer?

From: Mejia, Carlos (carlos.mejia@intel.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 10:20:17 PDT

Can anyone on the list describe the process for coating the bore of a =
shak using a 2 part polyurethane as mentioned by Abelard? Is there a =
maximum thickness one should avoid per coating? I have a piece of bamboo =
I'm experimenting with and the bore will likely need to have about 3/16" =
thick coating. I've never done this and haven't seen any good directions =
anywhere. Also, I checked Mirotone's website and it appears they are =
only in the SE Asia region. I would like to find a laquer of this type =
readily available in the states. If anyone has experience with one =
please let me know.
~carlos