Re: cheap root culms!

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 20:14:56 PST

I do believe Duke has quite a point. I too have
ordered from franks quite a few times and noticed what
they send you is quite random (and usually very
thin)which left ME feeling robbed.

But I didnt give up the fourth time, I tried again.
This time, I gave the lady there my measurements and
ideal bore sizes of the 7 pieces I wanted. She told
me that they had pieces around those sizes and sent
the package. But, when i finally recieved the
package, it was 7 pieces of the same stuff I got
before- Yep.... Feeling robbed again! :(

Of course, we all have diffrent experences with people
and places. I would certianly encourage people to
order a few pieces due to the random factor. Who
knows, you may get something good. As for me, well..
I cant do it any more- I've been seriously spoiled. :)

I wonder if its possible to hand-select your own
pieces of "Shakuhachi Flute Blanks". Has anyone been
there or maybe lives near franks?

As for Watasumi-do... Gene, You may have a good point.
:)

Cheers,
Isaac

=====