David Brown 3.0?

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 18:03:26 PST

A couple of years ago I had a David Brown 3.0 "Sanshaku" flute.
The holes weren't quite right so I sent it to the 2001 (or was it
the 2002?) Boulder Shakuhachi Summer camp with Riley Lee, where he
sold it for me.

I'm trying to get David to make me another one, this time with hole
rotation in the right spot. We're having some difficulty with hole
placement (lengthwise down the bore) and I was wondering if anyone
out there bought the flute from Riley or knows where it's at. The
shak under discussion is made of Aussie Red Gum, sort of a red-mahogeny
color, straight, and has the #3 hole plugged and moved.

If anyone knows where this flute is at, I'd appreciate hearing
about it.

Thanks!

bj

-