RE: Urushi

From: Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 13:34:16 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3AABC.61692480
        charset="US-ASCII"

I'm wondering if there is any relationship between the "poison sumac" I used
to see in the fields growing up as a kid in Ohio (a beautiful plant BTW but
I've heard some real sad stories about kids eating it), the Persian sumac
that I eat on my bread in the morning, and the sumac used in urushi? Would
eating the sumac serve as a homeopathic for the other variety? I know some
people don't like the stuff at all, but I love it (quite sour tasting)... it
would be funny if I was "varnishing" my insides all this years like a big
ol' Shakuhachi... could start a new school or something: singing honkyo...

Rev. Brett Breitwieser (zen@arizuma.us)
Arizuma Zen Fellowship
http://arizuma.us

"The clouds evaporate in the cold sky.
The autumn has departed and the mountain is barren.
This is where we originally dwell." -Hongzhi