Re: usushi

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 10:32:06 PST

Back in my salad days, I was a jet engine mechanic. One of the
first things they teach you in jet engine mechanic's school
is to wash your hands *before* urination. After is left as a
matter of personal choice, but, given the need to work around
caustic liquids, the lesson about washing before is quickly
learned.

Having recently forgotten that lesson myself after handling a
freshly urushi'd flute, I've come to see its wisdom afresh.

Gene, you have my empathatic sympathies,

bj

-