Re: A clear and present kan

From: WARYR@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 20:12:48 PST

--part1_1e3.1403213d.2cf03c40_boundary

Wayne,

The Aspect Ratio of a 2.8 should be very conducive to blowing kan.

I have a 3.0, and initially had a little trouble making the transition. Try
blowing ro-otsu and making the trans to ro-kan by tighening the emboucher
slightly and moving it closer to the edge of the utaguchi by pushing the lower lip
out very slightly. Worked for me, though I had to be really relaxed and
focused at first. Same technique worked on my 3.2. Once you catch it, work on all
the rest of kan notes.

If I kan you kan. <g>

Dave McCullen

"Each hurdle raises your stride a little higher."-Spirit Wind

--part1_1e3.1403213d.2cf03c40_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG=3D"0"><B>Wayne,<BR>
<BR>
The Aspect Ratio of a 2.8 should be very conducive to blowing kan.<BR>
<BR>
I have a 3.0, and initially had a little trouble making the transition. Try=20=
blowing ro-otsu and making the trans to ro-kan by tighening the emboucher sl=
ightly and moving it closer to the edge of the utaguchi by pushing the lower=
 lip out <I>very</I> slightly. Worked for me, though I had to be really rela=
xed and focused at first.&nbsp; Same technique worked on my 3.2. Once you ca=
tch it, work on all the rest of kan notes.<BR>
<BR>
If I kan you kan. &lt;g&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Dave McCullen<BR>
<BR>
"Each hurdle raises your stride a little higher."-Spirit Wind</B></FONT></HT=

--part1_1e3.1403213d.2cf03c40_boundary--