Re: multiphonics

From: Bruce Hunter (bhunter3@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 08:59:37 PST

From: <WARYR@aol.com>
> Bruce,
> Were these notes on the low end in otsu? I have experienced these =
myself. They seem to be ro in otsu and >kan simultaneously! Very strange =
warbling sound.
=20
 Dave,
Some of the low notes are otsu, others kan. Higher notes are kan and 3rd =
octave. Sometimes all three. The warbling effect occurs on some and not =
others. I have varying degrees of success on different instruments, =
1.8,1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.8, with the longer instruments =
responding most easily.
As a starting point, the fingering, 1,2,3,T with 4 shaded or not as =
necessary, seems to produce chi otsu and ro kan.=20
Bruce