RE: Tuners

From: Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 11:36:00 PST

Yep. Seems to me that he best "machine" is nature growing a piece of bamboo.
Somebody cuts it to a length, cuts a mouthpiece and a few holes... the
original shak was probably a piece of bamboo growing out in the meadow
someplace and a breeze blew over it making a tone...

maybe the tuners need to be tuned or detuned or thrown away...

so much of playing by the book seems to be like a straight jacket (maybe
most people would think I need one?) but I feel so much better just playing
my old straight stick of bamboo and starting and finishing with RO, trying a
few of the other holes every once in awhile?

Isn't this the "original piece"? Just the wind blowing over the unadorned
bamboo?

Brett Breitwieser ( zen@arizuma.us <mailto:zen@arizuma.us> )
Arizuma Zen
http://arizuma.us

"The clouds evaporate in the cold sky.
The autumn has departed and the mountain is barren.
This is where we originally dwell." -Hongzhi