Re: multiphonics

From: Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 13:16:51 PST

Riley showed me a nice one re. multiphonics - finger tsu but lift the
thumb and overblow (pretty simple); it seems like one of the simpler
ways of generating multiphonics and it's easier for me than other
fingerings for varying the relative volume of the overtones - you can
also use it to make your nieces and nephews giggle at Thanksgiving as it
does a pretty good locomotive sound... works pretty good on my 1.8 as
well as my 2.4

-- KY
Karl Young
University of California, SF Phone: (415) 221-4810 x3114 lab
VA Medical Center, MRS Unit (114M) (415) 750-9463 home
4150 Clement Street FAX: (415) 668-2864
San Francisco, CA 94121 Email: kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu