FYI Conference Science & Consciousness April 2004 23-28th

From: Lynne Nicholson (lynneon@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 18:04:14 PST

There are sessions of this conference that are devoted to music & health.
I know little of this conference but it may be interesting to attend,
especially after reviewing bios of the presenters & schedule.
http://www.bizspirit.com/science/index.html
http://www.bizspirit.com/science/schedpend.html
presenters: http://www.bizspirit.com/science/sspeakers.html

for example this is the agenda for Monday's session April 26, 2004
8:45-10:00am Keynote: Music, Healthcare and Consciousness Don Campbell
10:30am-12:00pm Breakout Session: The Powerful Ear and the Mystery of Music
Don Campbell
Breakout Session: Beyond Consciousness: A Dialogue on the Relationship of
Consciousness, Thought and Intelligence Steven Harrison
Breakout Session: The Seven Steps for Changing and Healing the Emotional
Body Ilana Rubenfeld
Breakout Session: Integral Science: An Eastern/Western Perspective on the
Role of the Mind & Prana in Psycho-Spiritual Development Glen Rein & Maria
Rein Syldona
2:00-3:00pm Breakout Session: Quantum Vision and Quantum Love: The Art and
Science of Awakened Living in the 21st Century Saniel Bonder
Breakout Session: Using Natural Altered States of Consciousness to
Understand the Processes of Illness & Treatment Based on Spiritual Energy
Vinicius da Costa
Breakout Session: Supramental Intelligence and Transformation of Emotions
Amit & Uma Goswami
2:00-5:00 pm Breakout Session: The Secret of Life... And Other Amusing
Biological Realities Bruce Lipton
3:30-5:00pm Breakout Session: Experiencing the Science of Spirituality
Stephen Wolinsky
Breakout Session: Self Healing Through Movement Meir Schneider
Breakout Session: Creativity and Quantum Healing Amit & Uma Goswami
8:00-10:00pm Special Evening Event: Interactive Healing Concert for Inner &
Outer Peace Steven Halpern

Regards,

>From: "Paul Cohen" <paulcohen@ozemail.com.au>
>To: <shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu>
>Subject: Re: Some interesting books... and here are a few more
>Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:59:01 +1000
>
>I should have been more specific about the original context of my
>post...
>Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance
>http://www.energyresearch.bizland.com/id10.html
>And http://gaynoroncology.com/about/index.php?page=7
>
>I originally posted these coming from the direction of some science
>based validation of mind/body/spirit techniques that have long been
>recognised to work...sound being a key form of energy. My apologies for
>the confusion.
>
>I thought it may be interesting for people who might want to know of
>some positive research being done in the hard sceptical world of
>science, big business, and legal drug industry.
>
>As such this would fit into a "why it works" category, which is a
>positive sign for science I hope.
>For those who are just interested in the "how it works" there are, as
>people have pointed out, any number of books out there...how you
>validate them is probably potentially just as big an argument as the
>ones taking place in the scientific community over oschmans (et al)
>theories.
>
>>/pc
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:10:54 -0700
>From: "Lynne Nicholson" <lynneon@hotmail.com>
>To: Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu
>Subject: Re: Some interesting books... and here are a few more

>= these books and listed them in a reference section for a talk I gave
>on N= ative American flutes &amp; healing sounds at a national
>conference.&nbsp= ;&nbsp; There are many more books out there&nbsp; on
>this subject but did= not merit being listed as references.<BR><BR><BR>
><DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000cc><STRONG>Lynne
>Nicholson</STRONG></FONT></E=
>M></DIV>
><DIV><EM>

Lynne Nicholson