Shakuhachi shops in Asakusa and Ueno

From: Joerg Bernsdorf (bernsdorf@ccrl-nece.de)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 01:08:26 PST

Dear All,

last week I visited the Shakuhachi shops in Ueno and Asakusa.

As Bruce recently mentioned on this list, the shop in Ueno will be
closing down end of December. When I went there, most music scores
seemed to be already sold out (almost empty shelf), and the remaining
maybe 15 Shakuhachi where reduced 10-20% ... the owner appeared to be
particularly friendly and confirmed the closing down information.

The shop in Asakusa will definitely not close down (because I mixed up
the information my question made the elder lady in the shop really
laughing), and besides a nice collection of Shakuhachi they also sell
bamboo (10000 Yen / piece if I remember correctly).

If you need directions to the shops, please send me a mail so I will
scan the relevant piece of the map for you!

Best wishes,
joerg