Yoshinobu Taniguchi's Paintings For Sale

From: Scott Seres (shakuhachi@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 18:21:32 PST

Hi Everyone,

 Although I have been a subscriber to this group for a while now, this is
the first time I've sent an email to the list. First of all, I want to than=
everyone for all of the education and entertainment you have provided me!
I=B9ve spent many hours at work pretending to be productive while reading you=
emails or the archives. Secondly, I just wanted to make everyone aware that
my teacher, Michael =B3Chikuzen=B2 Gould, is selling his extensive collection o=
sumi-e paintings by Yoshinobu Taniguchi. For those of you who don=B9t know
already, Taniguchi-sensei is one of the greatest living shakuhachi players
in the world and was given the honorary title of Sen Shin Kutsu Dai Shihan
(the highest rank attainable) at the age of 32, a title usually given to
shakuhachi players after a lifetime of playing. He is also a strict Zen
practitioner and a very accomplished artist and calligrapher. You can read
more about Mr. Taniguchi at:

http://www.komuso.com/people/Taniguchi_Yoshinobu.html

 Michael is a long time student of Taniguchi-sensei and the absolutely
wonderful pieces he has were given to him as gifts. These very rare, one of
a kind paintings have never before been for sale to the general public.
Michael has sold some paintings for $500 or more to collectors and a few of
his students, but he is now selling them for much less to anyone interested
through eBay. Here are the links to the first 3 auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3644095792&category=3D551&=
d=3D1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3644099860&category=3D551&=
d=3D1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3644105478&category=3D551&=
d=3D1

Michael has over 30 other paintings by Taniguchi for sale, all of them
illustrating themes of Zen Buddhism and the shakuhachi. They may eventually
be sold on his website, but in the meantime I'm going to list some of them
on eBay. If you are interested in purchasing any of the others before they
are listed for auction and would like to see some pictures, please contact
me.

Thanks again,

Scott Seres
shakuhachi@earthlink.net