Shakuhachi Trio Scores Wanted

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 13:11:35 PST

Hello,

I am looking for some suggestions for shakuhachi trios. We have a
group that plays together and have run through what little we have
in the way of pieces for three instruments.

Currently our repertiore includes:

        Kumoi Jishi (trad.)
        Fudo (San Bon Kai)
        Seiki no Aki Kaze (Fukuda Rando)
        Kaze no Iro (Tozan)
        Umibe no Yubae (Tozan)

There are a couple of other Tozan trios - one called A-Un (Empathy)
and another called Miyama no Akatsuka (Daybreak in the Deep
Mountains) but they're both a bit on the somber side and we'd like
something a bit more lively.

We'd be particularly interested in folk (Minyo) or regional
(Jiuta) music.

If anyone knows of trios for shakuhachi not listed above, we'd like
to hear from you.

Suggestions or pointers to notation would be also be welcome.

Thanks!

bj