On reibo.org and Peter Hill

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 13:25:17 PST

In my message to the list last week (or was it more than a week
ago?), when I announced the debut of the reibo.org website and the
flutes for sale, I said "We have gathered a nice collection of old
shakuhachi" (or something to that effect). That was not entirely
accurate. The "we" in that statement was the ever-dangerous
editorial we, which normally means me and the mouse in my pocket,
but in this case was me hitching a ride on Peter's coattails.

I would like to clarify the situation and rectify my mistake.
Peter Hill is the one in Japan collecting the flutes. He is the
one playing them, testing them, buying them (and taking the financial
risk), seeing to their repair as necessary, and offering them for
sale.

I am his web programmer and his contact in the US.

When you buy a flute from reibo.org, you are purchasing from Peter
and getting the benefit of his (IMHO excellent) judgement and
experience. This is not me distancing myself from Peter. I have
bought several of the instruments in my (albeit limited) collection
from him and they are all outstanding flutes. I hope and expect to
be purchasing more in the future, as finances permit.

This message is merely intended to clear up any possible misunderstanding
about who and what is being represented by reibo.org.

bj

-