Re: [Shaku] Re: Spam

From: James Jennings (jennings@megaseattle.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 20:24:14 PST

At 6:28 PM -0500 1/6/04, IieoOoeiI@aol.com wrote:
>We've all been harvested already (gosh, I feel like a zuccini),

I'm feeling "squashed" too.

>so what's the point in trying to prevent something that's already
>happened and continues to snowball?

There are at least three points.

1) New members of this list won't be targeted because they joined the list.

2) It gives me the option of changing my e-mail address in an attempt
to avoid the spam without having to quit this list.

3) I had another e-mail address that I successfully removed from all
web pages (I hadn't used it for any public mailing lists) and the
spam to that address died off after a few months. Your mileage may
vary.

James