[Shaku] NY Shakuhachi Festival (July 29-Aug.1, 2004)

From: Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin (Nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 08:49:24 PST

Hi everybody!

I want to thank those of you who have gone to our newly-posted registration
pages and sent in your registration on www.BigAppleShak.com
(**Please note that almost all of the performers are now listed
alphabetically with their Bios and pics).

Since New York University still hasn't given me the final , definite number
of air-conditioned, and non air-conditioned dorm rooms, I still have to just
keep the offer to first-come-first served. And although you can still get
the 10% discount for the Festival Registration up to June 1, 2004, the
first-come-first-served will have to apply to "Paid" reservations.

NEW: We are trying to negotiate a mass of Shakuhachi players performing at
the Thursday , July 29th, 2004, YANKEE vs. BALTIMORE game (This is of
course-optional) ! We would play both the USA and the Japanese National
Anthem. As many of you probably know, Mr. Matsui ("Godzilla"), is a player
for the Yankees, and a big favorite in Japan. I believe that we can include
this as a part of the "package" program that is being worked out by KINTETSU
International for our Japanese participants.

At the very least, let me know if there would be an interest for me to
proceed to investigate a "Group Sale" Ticket price.