[Shaku] shakuhachi construction materials

From: Gene Neill (oldmanriver@alltel.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 07:39:37 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C3D82F.35962240
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Folks -

When I first signed aboard this list there was large discussion roaring =
around the tonal significances of using plastic, wood, bamboo or other =
materials for shakuhachi construction. And it's not a query which is =
ever going to slip silently away.

But - just for what it is worth - I report, you decide - if you'll go to =
http://www.shakuhachi.ws/store.htm and click on the link there, you'll =
hear Japanese Master shakuhachi player Sugawara doing a magnificent =
rendering of the incomparable "Shika no Tone" or "The Sound of the =
Distant Deer" - on the $86 ABS plastic Japanese Yuu shakuhachi.

The folks who designed and have sold over 100,000 Yuu shakuhachi, in the =
last 28 years in Japan, are very dear and close personal friends of =
mine. And strictly out of our friendship, and not for compensation in =
any form whatever, I am now stocking the Yuu for sale here in America =
and the West. Though I did also, by the way, sell one to an Italian in =
the People's Republic of China this week!

Delivered to your door and satisfaction guaranteed for only $86.

Happy ro-buki -

Dr. Gene Neill
PO Box 78
Mayo, Florida 32066
USA
Phone 386-294-1236
FAX 386-294-1112
www.shakuhachi.ws

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C3D82F.35962240
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi Folks -</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I first signed aboard this list there was large discussion =
roaring=20
around the tonal significances of using plastic, wood, bamboo or other=20
materials&nbsp;for shakuhachi construction.&nbsp; And it's not a query =
which is=20
ever going to slip silently away.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But - just for what it is worth - I report, you decide - if you'll =
go to <A=20
href=3D"http://www.shakuhachi.ws/store.htm">http://www.shakuhachi.ws/stor=
e.htm</A>&nbsp;and=20
click on the link there, you'll hear Japanese Master shakuhachi player =
Sugawara=20
doing a magnificent rendering of the incomparable "Shika no Tone" or =
"The Sound=20
of the Distant Deer" - on the $86 ABS plastic Japanese Yuu =
shakuhachi.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The folks who designed and have sold over 100,000&nbsp;Yuu =
shakuhachi, in=20
the last 28 years in Japan, are very dear and close personal friends of=20
mine.&nbsp; And strictly out of our friendship, and not for compensation =
in any=20
form whatever, I am now stocking the Yuu for sale here in America and =
the=20
West.&nbsp; Though I did also, by the way,&nbsp;sell one to an Italian =
in the=20
People's Republic of China this week!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Delivered to your door and satisfaction guaranteed for only =
$86.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Happy ro-buki -</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dr. Gene Neill<BR>PO Box 78<BR>Mayo, Florida 32066<BR>USA<BR>Phone=20
386-294-1236<BR>FAX 386-294-1112<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.shakuhachi.ws">www.shakuhachi.ws</A><BR></DIV></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C3D82F.35962240--