Re: [Shaku] shakuhachi construction materials

From: Theo Joyal (joyal@spyral.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 08:21:53 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3156664913_183188_MIME_Part

  Gene, One master, one broom handle, one sound, equal to one
shakuhachi. tj

From: "Gene Neill" <oldmanriver@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:39:37 -0500
To: <Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Shaku] shakuhachi construction materials

Hi Folks -

When I first signed aboard this list there was large discussion roaring
around the tonal significances of using plastic, wood, bamboo or other
materials for shakuhachi construction. And it's not a query which is ever
going to slip silently away.

But - just for what it is worth - I report, you decide - if you'll go to
http://www.shakuhachi.ws/store.htm and click on the link there, you'll hear
Japanese Master shakuhachi player Sugawara doing a magnificent rendering of
the incomparable "Shika no Tone" or "The Sound of the Distant Deer" - on the
$86 ABS plastic Japanese Yuu shakuhachi.

The folks who designed and have sold over 100,000 Yuu shakuhachi, in the
last 28 years in Japan, are very dear and close personal friends of mine.
And strictly out of our friendship, and not for compensation in any form
whatever, I am now stocking the Yuu for sale here in America and the West.
Though I did also, by the way, sell one to an Italian in the People's
Republic of China this week!

Delivered to your door and satisfaction guaranteed for only $86.

Happy ro-buki -

Dr. Gene Neill
PO Box 78
Mayo, Florida 32066
USA
Phone 386-294-1236
FAX 386-294-1112
www.shakuhachi.ws <http://www.shakuhachi.ws>

--MS_Mac_OE_3156664913_183188_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Shaku] shakuhachi construction materials</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;Gene, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;One master, one broom handle, on=
e sound, equal to one shakuhachi. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tj<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>&quot;Gene Neill&quot; &lt;oldmanriver@alltel.net&gt;<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:39:37 -0500<BR>
<B>To: </B>&lt;Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>[Shaku] shakuhachi construction materials<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Folks -<BR>
<BR>
When I first signed aboard this list there was large discussion roaring aro=
und the tonal significances of using plastic, wood, bamboo or other material=
s for shakuhachi construction. &nbsp;And it's not a query which is ever goin=
g to slip silently away.<BR>
<BR>
But - just for what it is worth - I report, you decide - if you'll go to ht=
tp://www.shakuhachi.ws/store.htm and click on the link there, you'll hear Ja=
panese Master shakuhachi player Sugawara doing a magnificent rendering of th=
e incomparable &quot;Shika no Tone&quot; or &quot;The Sound of the Distant D=
eer&quot; - on the $86 ABS plastic Japanese Yuu shakuhachi.<BR>
<BR>
The folks who designed and have sold over 100,000 Yuu shakuhachi, in the la=
st 28 years in Japan, are very dear and close personal friends of mine. &nbs=
p;And strictly out of our friendship, and not for compensation in any form w=
hatever, I am now stocking the Yuu for sale here in America and the West. &n=
bsp;Though I did also, by the way, sell one to an Italian in the People's Re=
public of China this week!<BR>
<BR>
Delivered to your door and satisfaction guaranteed for only $86.<BR>
<BR>
Happy ro-buki -<BR>
<BR>
Dr. Gene Neill<BR>
PO Box 78<BR>
Mayo, Florida 32066<BR>
USA<BR>
Phone 386-294-1236<BR>
FAX 386-294-1112<BR>
www.shakuhachi.ws &lt;http://www.shakuhachi.ws>; <BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3156664913_183188_MIME_Part--