Re: [Shaku] Niji Duet #6

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 12:58:20 PST

>From: "Gene Neill" <oldmanriver@alltel.net>
>Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:59:17 -0500
>
>Yamamoto Hozan composed a duet, and all I know about it is it is
>called something like "Niji - Duet #6."
>
>Can anyone please tell me the proper name of the duet, and suggest
>where I might find a CD or cassette as well as the notation for
>this particular duet?

Many of Yamamoto Hozan's compositions are listed on the pages at:

http://communication.ucsd.edu/shaku/Tozan/tozan_modern.html
and
http://communication.ucsd.edu/shaku/Tozan/tozan_shinkyoku.html

While not an exhaustive list of Hozan's work, they're a start.

I don't see anything on those pages with the string "niji" in it.
Maybe some serious perusing by the dedicated will turn up something
more useful.

Some of Hozan's work is available in western staff notation from
Monty Levenson. It's also available from the Tozan Ryu, if you
have a connection in Japan.

Happy hunting!

bj