[Shaku] Reply Set To?

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 14:56:02 PST

>From: EmptyFlute@aol.com
>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:17:06 EST
>
>Sorry everyone. Bill had written to me earlier and I thought this
>email was for me. My apologies.

No apology necessary Ken. This is a common occurrance on the list.

There are some suggestions that the recent problems with Gene arose,
in part, out of the same misunderstanding.

The reason that posts go back to the list automatically is because
I set the Reply-To line in the header so that posts go back to the
list.

I originally set up the list this way because I prefer it that way,
and because my sense of an informal poll of the list suggested that
most other folks did too.

Now that we've had a long run of auto-response to the list, and
have seen some of the consequences, I would like to ask that same
question again.

Do you prefer that the list settings create an auto-reply to the
list? Or would you prefer that I remove that setting and let the
user decide where their post goes?

The advantages to the first is that we see a lot more traffic, in
that the user doesn't have to change the outgoing address. The
disadvantage to the first is that we see a lot more traffic because
the user forgets to change the outgoing address.

You can respond off-list if you like. I'll summarize the responses
on the list some time next week.

thanks,

bj

-