Re: [Shaku] FWD from Gene

From: edBeaty (edosan@boulder.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 19:23:17 PST

Let us be clear here:

1. That which was "expressed" by Gene Neill was not a "difference of
opinion" but vicious spate of incivility toward a list member who
expressed a point of concern with a great deal of respect. That list
member, David Sawyer, may have unintentionally addressed his concern
to the entire list, rather that privately to Gene Neill, but that
hardly excuses this kind of response.

2. Call me hard-hearted, but I have difficulty trusting someone who
attributes his lapses in behavior to his checkered past: time as a
Marine, travails and training as a lawyer, his aging mind. We live in
the present, we perform in the present.

3. I have had an encounter with this fellow, treating him with
considerable generosity; he eventually treated me with the same
hatred and condescension as he did David Sawyer and the rest of us
"little girls". This is not an isolated incident; anyone who speaks
down from on high and says he will "pray" for the likes of poor David
Sawyer does not get my vote.

4. If you want some more insight into Mr. Neill, perhaps you should
visit his other two websites:

http://www.copperheadknives.com/

http://www.go-to-jail.org/

Best to all,