[Shaku] Re: Regarding Gene

From: Jonathon Cassel (j3cassel@tcsn.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 13:54:57 PST

--Apple-Mail-31--740266557
        charset=US-ASCII;
        format=flowed

Regarding Gene- I think we are empowering the behavior to a large
degree. Yes he is out of line. Yes he reacts at times in a manner,
which defies reason. He is very eccentric fellow with eclectic
interests. But to some degree we just keep taking the bait. He
certainly has been very inappropriate with this list- some of which I
consider to be my friends.This list is a haven for many of us. I for
one have been taken back by his remarks. But ultimately he is harmless.
As with most inappropriate behavior ignoring it might be the best
manner. The world is full of folks with skewed perspectives and
inappropriate responses. Don't we all have one at the office or
workplace? So he does not "fit in" with the rest of us. So we kick
those out that don't play our way? I don't know- something here is
amiss. This is not a vote to keep him - These are just my thoughts
this evening- no doubt influenced by the tolerant island people I live
amongst. And as strange as it may sound I learn a great deal from all
this.
Jonathon Cassel

> List subscription information is at:
> http://communication.ucsd.edu/shaku/listsub.html

[...]