[Shaku] Kurahashi Bay area visit

From: Philip Gelb (phil@philipgelb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 19:21:43 PST

I hate to interrupt this list with something about shakuhachi but in
case someone is interested in studying with Yoshio Kurahashi at the
end of this month, while he is in the San Francisco Bay Area, here is
the schedule. There are still some lesson slots available so please
contact me offlist if you are interested.

phil

Tuesday, January 27
location, Oakland, CA

11 am private lesson
noon private lesson

3 pm - 5 pm Group class
"Kohorogi" composed by Miyagi Michio (intermediate level)

6 pm Ron Nelson
7 pm Adam Rycek

Wednesday, January 28
location, Oakland, CA

10 am Bruce Ghent
11 am private lesson
2 pm Brian Krassa
3 pm Linn Maxwell
4 pm Eric Jue

7 pm group class
"Midare" (duet version) (intermediate level)

Thursday, January 29
Location: Santa Rosa

10 am Elliot Kallen
1 pm private lesson Nancy Beckman
2 pm private lesson Barbara Norris

6 pm Audrey
7 pm Bob Freis
8 pm Don Boone

Friday, January 30
location: Oakland, CA

2 pm Tom Wooldridge
3 pm Peter Yung

6 pm group class
Kumoijishi (honkyoku - beginner level)

Saturday, January 31
location:
Berkeley. Nik Warren's home

10 am Karl Young
11 am Nik Warren
2 pm Barry Levy
3 pm Seth Pfeifer

6 pm group class
Yugao (beginner-intermediate level sankyoku)

Sunday, February 1
location: Oakland, CA

11 am Junko Yano
2 pm private lesson (tentative)
3 pm private lesson (tentative)

Sunday, February 1
8 pm
CONCERT
Berkeley, CA
Venue BBC (house concert in the hills)
First set Kurahashi solo
Second set Kurahshi in duets with Shoko Hikage (koto) and Philip Gelb
(shakuhachi)
$15

Fees:
private lessons are 60 dollars in Oakland, 70 in Santa Rosa
group classes are 30 dollars

Please reserve your spot and pay in advance, contact me (offlist) for
details. More than pne private lesson will probably be possible.

--
xoxo

Philip Gelb Bay Area Shakuhachi School phil@philipgelb.com http://www.philipgelb.com http://www.bayareashakuhachi.com

"In 1492, Columbus landed in the new world without the proper papers. Would we be better off if he was immediately deported?" Guillermo Gomez Pena _____________________________________________