Re: [Shaku] On Gene Neill

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 15:23:08 PST

-------------------------------1074468188

Dear group:

I hope this does not seem too basic for you. I don't know your various levels
of involvement with Buddhism.

I read on and hear voices of people that have been hurt, not angered. There
is a service during the 90 day intensive study period in the Monastery that
talks about "Atonement" for the bad karma we produce from thoughts, words and
deeds. Any bad karma produced, regardless of its origin, is hurtful. The monks
that were responsible for this karma were given the opportunity to stand before
sangha and atone for the act. Once atoned it was let go of and life went on.
If the monk was creating constant problems he was asked to leave the Monastery.
We are not monks in a monastery but we are a sangha, Buddhist in origin, if
not individually in fact, so why don't we carry on the tradition?

In gassho,

Kyosei

PS This is my dharma name and it's meaning is "mirror of truth," I hope I'm
reaching my teacher's pointing.

-------------------------------1074468188

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Dear group:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">I hope this does not seem too=
 basic for you. I don't know your various levels of involvement with Buddhis=
m.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">I read on and hear voices of=20=
people that have been hurt, not angered. There is a service during the 90 da=
y intensive study period in the Monastery that talks about "Atonement" for t=
he bad karma we produce from thoughts, words and deeds. Any bad karma produc=
ed, regardless of its origin, is&nbsp;hurtful. The monks that were responsib=
le for this karma were given the opportunity to stand before sangha and aton=
e for the act. Once atoned it was let go of and life went on. If the monk wa=
s creating constant problems he was asked to leave the Monastery. We are not=
 monks in a monastery but we are a sangha, Buddhist in origin, if not indivi=
dually in fact, so why don't we carry on the tradition?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">In gassho,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Kyosei </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">PS This is my dharma name and=
 it's meaning is "mirror of truth," I hope I'm reaching my teacher's pointin=
g.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>