[Shaku] RE: shakuhachi V1 #524

From: Bill O'Connor (billo44@gaea.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 15:03:52 PST

Hi folks,
Does any one know any interesting pieces of music with three Shakuhachi
parts and maybe one other instrument? A local ensemble (7 Shakuhachi plus
numerous Koto and 17gen Koto) I play in has an annual concert every January
called 'Ho Gakku Salad'... I am looking for a good Shakuhachi piece for next
years gig.

We played some of John Neptune's compositions in previous years (John was
kind enough to give advice about the tricky bits), Roots and Branches, and
Blue Wind. This year we played a newly arranged version of Aika with Piano,
two Hassun (1.8) parts and an 'A'kan (2.4) part.

Any interesting suggestions (on or off list) for a lively piece? I could
have a crack at arranging something myself.

Thanks folks.

Bill O'Connor
Nagano, Japan.