Re: [Shaku] Pomade for Nakatsugi

From: Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 14:19:19 PST

Thanks for the tip re. what to use on joints; does anyone know the
criteria that that recommendation is based on ? I've been using cork
grease that's sold for keeping the cork on the joints of woodwind
instruments from drying out. I'm not exactly sure what it contains; it
seems pretty harmless, but I'd be interested to know if e.g. this is
slowly eroding the lacquer and that I should switch to Yanagiya Pomade.

--
Karl Young
University of California, SF          Phone:  (415) 221-4810 x3114  lab