Re: [Shaku] daimeso sound on the shakuhachi - keypoints and practice method

From: Kiku Day (kikuescargot@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 22:04:18 PST

> >One good way to practice getting that low note is to focus and
> >concentrate on your Ro, and slowly lower your head (meri) striving
> >to keep tone.

I have dome somehitng completely different that helped me as well as the=20
above one. I make leaps down to the low C. Before making the leap I sing =
the=20
coming interval in my head. I mean if I am on Ro, I sing that whole step=20
down in my head. It has also somehow helped the tone quality of the C to =
do=20
that. A good interval is to go from F sharp down to C. It's an easy=20
recognisable interval, and I have played ambulance many times while=20
practicing my C.

Kiku