[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #538

From: jeff cairns (shaku8@iris.dti.ne.jp)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 00:54:00 PST

John,
There was some discussion a while back regarding proper lengths of
shakuhachi in certain pieces and I think it's fair to say that it depends
largely on the lineage and more directly on your immediate teacher. It
isn't written, to my knowledge.
With respect to the daimeri ro, I would like to add one more thing. Tag 10
or 15 years onto your consistant practice and meri notes will have a life of
their own. This may not seem like practical information, but it's true.
good luck,
jeff