[Shaku] Dissident harmonic bore correction

From: Derek Choice (soundwave1@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 11:15:21 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3FB90.A86AA690
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Howdily...

For any bore masters that would be willing to share a tiny tidbit of =
knowledge, I have a jiari 1.8 in the works with one final weakpoint I =
have been unable to correct.

I can push Ro through the 3rd octave and all are perfectly in tune and =
beautifully resonant. The one problem is the 5th harmonic that appears =
(overtones to the key of A) between the 2nd and 3rd octave Ro, when =
jumping octaves, all holes closed... it is about 30 cents flat, and I =
can not find a pressure point(s) for this overtone. In my limited =
experience, my first thought was an imperfect taper, though every other =
note and overtone on the flute is perfect, well into the 3rd octave. It =
is just this ONE overtone that is slightly flat.

Can anyone guide me on a possible path to explore for a correction, or a =
vague location of any pressure points associated with this note?

Very many thanks!

:)

Derek

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3FB90.A86AA690
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Howdily...<BR><BR>For any bore masters =
that would=20
be willing to share&nbsp;a tiny tidbit of knowledge, I have a jiari 1.8 =
in the=20
works with one final weakpoint I have been unable to correct.<BR><BR>I =
can push=20
Ro through the 3rd octave and all are perfectly in tune and beautifully=20
resonant.&nbsp; The one problem is the 5th harmonic that appears =
(overtones to=20
the key of A) between the 2nd and 3rd octave Ro, when jumping octaves, =
all holes=20
closed... it is about 30 cents flat, and I can not find a pressure =
point(s) for=20
this overtone.&nbsp; In my limited experience, my first thought was an =
imperfect=20
taper, though every other note and overtone on the flute is perfect, =
well into=20
the 3rd octave.&nbsp; It is just this ONE overtone that is slightly=20
flat.<BR><BR>Can anyone guide me on a possible path to explore for a =
correction,=20
or a vague location of any pressure points associated with this=20
note?<BR><BR>Very many=20
thanks!<BR><BR>:)<BR><BR>Derek<BR><BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3FB90.A86AA690--