Re: [Shaku] pitch and temp

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 21:30:28 PST

This topic seems like something that only pro
shakuhachi players should ponder/worry about. I
wonder - hundreds of years ago did people worry about
such things or if they just played. As long as you
enjoy playing whats it matter? If the answer is
because a person would always want to play perfectly
in tune or because a person would want to play their
best for an audience then in my opinion thats fine but
I don't think monks of old worried to much about it.
But thats just my opinion and I'm a beginner