RE: [Shaku] RE: Pitch and Temp

From: Bruno Deschênes (bruno@musis.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 15:05:51 PDT

Dear Mark,

>I think *talking* about zen should be banned.

In a way this comment is Zen. Some Japanese told me that Westerners somehow
"talk too much" (including my Japanese wife). Many of us are inclined to
talk before to act or in order to act, while Japanese act first so that
people can see what they do first. The talking is secondary. Japanese artist
will normally never try to prove themselves. They will say: this is just
something I do; it is not very good. When you hear them or see what they do,
they are excellent. When you congratulate them, then they might talk.

Bruno