[Shaku] My Garage Band experiment

From: Rob McNeil (robertmcneil@mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 16:56:59 PDT

Hi Fellow Shakjocks,

Anyone else playing around with Garage Band yet? (Apple iLife
application). My little experiment seems to be going well. At least it
is helping me to play more and listen better. My teacher, says I am
playing better - more in tune and getting the rhythm more right, more
often. I am playing the beginner classical pieces now. I just got an LP
of the internet and had it changed over to a CD. It's an ensemble
playing classical pieces. I put it into iTunes, then loaded a few
pieces into Garage Band. Then I added myself playing a second shak
part. It's difficult but not impossible. The best part is I can go line
by line until I get it right. Anyone else trying anything like this?
I'd love to hear other techniques. If you think this is not the place
for this discussion email me off line.

Thanks,

Rob McNeil