Re: [Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #567

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 03:36:24 PDT

He who knows sometimes says, but words can't express
exactly what he knows - only scratch at it. hee hee.

Anyways, I wanted to say I just recently put myself on
this shakuhachi list and I'm glad I did because of the
quality of people and their thoughts on blowing
bamboo.
Well, I can't afford to take shakuhachi lessons, So I
just sit alone and play because I really enjoy it.
Sometimes people listen in and a couple people have
said I brought tears to their eyes which I ofcourse I
thought was cool. I don't know if I could play any
notes the same as another in terms of controling pitch
and tone and I don't know if I would want to.... But
if I could afford lessons I would take them - and
probabaly learn alot. If anyone in the upstate NY
area wants toget together sometime and play that would
be really enjoyable. No money involved! ha ha hee hee