Re: [Shaku] Re: zen, pitch, temperature, etc.

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 10:32:50 PDT

-------------------------------1081445570

I've been following this thread to see were it might go. I'm a Zen student
and I came to the shakuhachi as an art assignment during Ango a few years ago.
You can only come to that "state" after you have eliminated the separation
between you and the Shak, that means that you no longer think about the fingering,
or your sound, or the music, in other words you become the sound, the flute
or as they say become the flute. It is impossible to describe what is happening
in words, the words only limit the mental picture and it's not the picture
you're looking for. It is a state of being and you only know it after the fact
when you say, "ahhh haaa, that's it" You can only say you've been there.

In Gassho,

Kyosei

-------------------------------1081445570

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I've been following this thread to see were it might go. I'm a Zen stud=
ent and I came to the shakuhachi as an art assignment during Ango a few year=
s ago. You can only come to that "state" after you have eliminated the separ=
ation between you and the Shak, that means that you no longer think about th=
e fingering, or your sound, or the music, in other words you become the soun=
d, the flute or as they say become the flute. It is impossible to describe w=
hat is happening in words, the words only limit the mental picture and it's=20=
not the picture you're looking for. It is a state of being and you only know=
 it after the fact when you say, "ahhh haaa, that's it" You can only say you=
've been there.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In Gassho,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>