Re: [Shaku] Re: zen, pitch, temperature, etc.

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 07:50:21 PDT

>I appreciate your humor, Peter, even if no one else does. Most of
>the discussion here is beyond me. A little levity helps!
>
>Marceil

Thanks Marceil. Actually lots of the veteran players have been
contacting me off-list to say they got a good laugh. It doesn't do
any good to get too serious about the zen connection to shakuhachi.
I think the overly serious ones are mostly beginning players who get
caught up in trying to out-zen each other. They need to be poked at
a bit. Some of us have been playing for over 30 years now and it
gets tiresome to hear all that brain twisting talk. You have to put
in many years and thousands of hours. There's no way around it.

Peter

--
Peter Ross
http://www.cloudhandsmusic.com