Re: [Shaku] Bore measuring gages

From: HeirPhoto@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 16:39:26 PDT

--part1_59.9946596.2db0772e_boundary

In a message dated 4/15/2004 4:12:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
millonas@email.arc.nasa.gov writes:

> It might be hard to design anything better without a whole more lot of
> effort

Marko,
The washer idea is a fine one but I was planning on getting a bit more
advanced. I was going to make these serve double duty as tools for fine sanding and
tuning the bore as well. The would be long enough to hold a bit of sand paper
stuck on with double sided tape and in a variety of diameters. Just thread on
the one you want for either measuring or sanding. Obviously the paper would
add a little to the size so just use a smaller one than planned for that. The
depth issue was going o be taken care of with a second sliding cylinder and a
locking screw.

It's all lathe turned stuff and I would rather make a few sets than just one.

Thanks,
Tony
Haunting Winds Shakuhachi ~ Japanese Bamboo Flutes
The Tintype Artist ~ Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Photography
Vintage Land Rovers

--part1_59.9946596.2db0772e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/15/2004 4:12:4=
4 PM Eastern Standard Time, millonas@email.arc.nasa.gov writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It might be hard to design anyt=
hing better without a whole more lot of effort</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Marko,<BR>
The washer idea is a fine one but I was planning on getting a bit more advan=
ced. I was going to make these serve double duty as tools for fine sanding a=
nd tuning the bore as well. The would be long enough to hold a bit of sand p=
aper stuck on with double sided tape and in a variety of diameters. Just thr=
ead on the one you want for either measuring or sanding. Obviously the paper=
 would add a little to the size so just use a smaller one than planned for t=
hat. The depth issue was going o be taken care of with a second sliding cyli=
nder and a locking screw.<BR>
<BR>
It's all lathe turned stuff and I would rather make a few sets than just one=
.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Tony<BR>
Haunting Winds Shakuhachi ~ Japanese Bamboo Flutes<BR>
The Tintype Artist ~ Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Photography<BR>
Vintage Land Rovers</FONT></HTML>

--part1_59.9946596.2db0772e_boundary--