Re: [Shaku] question concerning pvc

From: Rob McNeil (robertmcneil@mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 14:29:51 PDT

Hi Alan,

Just some ideas. I have tried them all. I like the Yuu the best. After
a day of trout fishing and playing in between hatches, throwing it down
when I see something rising, using it to beat my way through some
brambles, allowing my daughter to play it while eating a peanut butter
and jelly sandwich, it gets gritty, sticky, and beat up.

  I kinda like the idea of throwing it in the dishwasher. But, alas
bamboo it is not. And it's just nowhere near as sweet, as mellow or, as
kind. The Yuu weighs about the same as a bamboo shak, which is nice. My
pvc varieties are lighter and I don't like them as much. My aikido
students tell me they make formidable weapons, although they have never
displayed them as such in my presence.

Rob McNeil
Philadelphia