[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #581

From: jeff cairns (shaku8@iris.dti.ne.jp)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 06:44:00 PDT

This is to Stav regarding recording equipment.
Since it seems that you have a computer, I would like to suggest using it as
a recording tool. All you need is a reasonable sound card ( I use MAudio's
audiophile 2496...affordable and good quality), a bit of disk space to
consume, a half decent mic/cable/stand and some hard disk recording
software, of which there is plenty to be had as freeware, not to mention a
computer that is within 5 years old(CPU speed is a question). The benefit
to using your computer is that you can become more intimate with the
recorded outcome due to the graphic display of your sound on your monitor
With that in mind, it's very easy to play select parts of your recording
over and over if you wish. You can convert the format of the recording to
put it onto other media. With added software that can again be had for
free, you can analyze your sound for various aspects or manipulate it in
many ways.
Provided that you have the necessary computer to do the job, the rest can be
had for under $500. and if you're willing to play the auctions, probably for
a lot less.
good luck
jeff cairns