[Shaku] Riley Lee's June visit to SF

From: Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 11:02:05 PDT

For those unable to attend this summer's shakuhachi events in New York
(2004 New York Shakuhachi Festival) and Boulder (Shakuhachi Summer
Camp of the Rockies) and who will be in or near the San Francisco bay
area on June
18,19, or 20th, master shakuhachi performer and scholar Dr. Riley Lee will
be visiting (obviously those who are able to attend one or both of the
aforementioned events are not excluded from taking part).

Currently plans for the visit are fairly flexible though Riley will
definitely be performing at Clarion Music in San Francisco on Friday
evening June 18th and will be available for lessons in Santa Rosa on
the afternoon of Sunday June 20th. The most likely scenario for June
18th and 19th will be that Riley will be available for private lessons
in San Francisco (with the possibility of moving the lessons to
Berkeley or Oakland on Saturday June 19th if there is overwhelming
interest in
that happening). If there are a number of requests for classes,
we will try to accommodate that and the pieces taught will be commensurate
with the level of people requesting classes.

Let me know if you are interested in lessons (and give me a few
prioritized times). The price for a lesson is $60.00.
Also let me know preferred location for lessons
and we will try to meet those requests (e.g. by trying to move
Saturday lessons to the east bay) but Friday in San Francisco and
Sunday in Santa Rosa are pretty much fixed. Finally if you would be
interested in a class or classes in addition to or in lieu of lessons
let me know and tell me your approximate playing level (and request
particular pieces if so inclined).

I will provide directions to the various locations as Riley's visit
approaches. For further info. and lesson requests contact:

Karl Young - kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu - 415-750-9463

-- KY

Karl Young
University of California, SF Phone: (415) 221-4810 x3114 lab
VA Medical Center, MRS Unit (114M) (415) 750-9463 home
4150 Clement Street FAX: (415) 668-2864
San Francisco, CA 94121 Email: kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu